Cycle.land community bikes
WHO ARE WE?
Cycle.land is a bicycle sharing company dedicated to improving sustainable transportation. Cycle.land is incubated under Oxford University Innovation and is supported by the University of Cambridge. We currently have bikes in Oxford, Cambridge, and Edinburgh. Our mission is to make bikes easily available and affordable to everyone everywhere.
WHAT WE DO
In addition to our peer-to-peer bike share offering, we provide pool bikes to closed communities.
- We provide colleges, businesses and institutions with high-quality, well equipped, safe bicycles for sharing
- Students and/or staff book and use the bikes for free
- We manage the easy-to-use booking system, maintenance of bikes and support to users
HOW IT WORKS
The user signs up to the booking system using a smartphone or laptop and immediately has 24-hour access to any number of bikes within the system. Prior to use, they receive email/SMS confirmation and bike lock number code for their selected bike. They can book the bike in advance or just before the usage. The bike is theirs to use for the duration of the booking. They return to any of the convenient designated zones.
- Perform site evaluation, feasibility, recommendations, and pre-install surveys as needed
- Source and supply bicycle fleet & attached equipment (baskets, lights, & locks)
- Set up instruction signage in your designated bike zones & parking areas
- Launch and maintain booking system through which all bikes are booked for any zone
- Perform routine maintenance (bi-weekly) and as-requested maintenance and repair
- We ensure 24-7 road worthiness (includes tire refilling, and lubricating moving parts)
- We operate emergency breakdown call out and repair service (within limits)
- Provide continuous user support (how-to-use, sign up, booking assistance, user issues)
10 REASONS TO COMMUNITY BIKE SHARE
- Improves site sustainability & reduces carbon emissions
- More convenient option for students/staff/visitors/other users
- Reduces congestion and lowers infrastructure costs (parking)
- Eliminates maintenance costs and hassle for your organisation
- Saves students money by removing the burden to own individual bikes
- Reduces theft (all bikes are locked, and can be monitored remotely)
- Eliminates affordability hurdle and availability gap for students.
- Improves usage per bike. Our bike schemes average 90%+ usage time.
- Increases community safety by ensuring all bikes are well maintained
For more information please contact email@example.com