Careers with cycle.land
Here you will find details of our job vacancies & volunteer opportunities
Cycle.land is a fast-moving startup with a big emphasis on community engagement. We have volunteer opportunities available in many different areas of work. We'd love to chat to you about your skills and how we can match these to one of our volunteer roles so that we can work together to ensure you get the most from your experience. Whether you need to develop specific skills to add to your CV, or if you have time on your hands this summer and would like to get involved in events and festivals, we are certain that we can provide a positive and enjoyable experience in exchange for your passion and enthusiasm.
Cycle.land connects people with bicycles. We are a social marketplace for bike sharing. Our mission is to make bikes easily available and affordable to everyone everywhere.
On 27 April 2016, Cycle.land launched in Oxford.In 2017, we are bringing the revolution of bike sharing to 5 more cities across the UK (Cambridge, Bristol, Brighton, Edinburgh, and London). In 2018, we will become a Global Bike Sharing Community, dedicated to making bikes easily available and affordable to everyone everywhere.
Watch a short intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPB-Fd2_8ZM
Explore our socials:
We are looking to add Community Coordinator in Cambridge to our team who share our passion for bike sharing, work well in a startup environment, and want to be part of a diverse team that is obsessed with seeing the world using more and more bicycles as a means of transport. Our main offices are in Oxford but we also have office space in Cambridge.
We launched Cycle.land in Oxford, learned what works here and now are looking to scale it to the next 5 cities. We are building a manual on best practices for each city and best practices that work everywhere. We will be using the lessons from 5 cities to scale into 20 more cities.
The successful candidates will work closely with our founders and other community coordinators and will be assembling a team of volunteers in Cambridge. Additionally, the candidate will identify and build strategic partnerships with local organizations in each city.
There in a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to grow and progress with the needs of the company, and to carve out a critical role within the UK’s most exciting bike sharing startup. Cycle.land is funded by a hugely successful equity crowdfunding campaign which was then joined by the UK’s top VC, and wheremembers were able to invest at a very early stage. It is also supported by Oxford University Innovation and Cambridge Social Ventures.
We are looking for people with the following experience, skills, and preferences:
- Excellent team player who brings positive energy, enthusiasm, and cooperation into Cycle.land team
- Passion for bike sharing
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people in a one on one setting, as well as communicate with larger groups
- Competent in using technology and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals
- Exceptional people skills
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- A track record in empowering people and building teams
- A track record in building strategic partnerships with organizations
- Love for traveling and exploring new places
-Experience within political campaigns, the charity, government sectors, grassroots campaigns
- Knowledge and expertise in sharing economy sector and/or startups
- Experience and knowledge of cycling sector in the UK
- Knowledge of one of the cities that Cycle.land is expanding (Cambridge, Bristol, Brighton, Edinburgh, and/or London)
- Member/user of Cycle.land
People who join Cycle.land are excited and energetic about its mission. They want to be part of the movement that sees bicycles become the next great disruptor in urban mobility. Their commitment to effecting this change is reflected in the way they work.
The right candidates will be decisive and enthusiastic self-starters, and will need to ‘live’ the Cycle.land experience whilst understanding and sharing in our vision for changing the world of urban mobility.
To apply, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org