USER TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 To use the Cycle.land Community Bikes at one of our Community Bike stands, you must:
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Be a resident, student or staff at the respective building you would like to take bikes from;
- Ensure that all data provided by you is accurate; and
- Agree to these terms and conditions.
1.2 If you use the Cycle.land Community Bikes at Lady Margaret Hall as a frequent user (more than 15 hours per week), you must pay a fee of £10 per term.
1.3 We reserve the right to refuse your use of the Cycle.land Community Bikes at our sole discretion.
2.1 You are personally responsible for:
- Each Cycle.land Community Bike that you use (including any accessories such as baskets and locks); and
- All items that you transport on a Cycle.land Community Bike, including items transported in a basket attached to a Cycle.land Community Bike.
2.2 When using a Cycle.land Community Bike, you must:
- Comply with these terms and conditions and all applicable laws;
- Have due regard to the Safety Information;
- Check that the Cycle.land Community Bike (including, without limitation, the tyres, brakes, saddle and bell) is road worthy and safe to use and only use a Cycle.land Community Bike if it is road worthy and safe to use;
- Abide by the Highway Code;
- Observe all traffic signs and signals;
- Use the Cycle.land Community Bike reasonably, considerately and responsibly;
- Take reasonable care of the Cycle.land Community Bike;
- Only park the Cycle.land Community Bikes in places where you are allowed to park them (e.g. Sheffield stands provided by the University of Oxford or the City of Oxford);
- Always lock the Cycle.land Community Bike to a solid object;
- When returning the Cycle.land Community Bikes, always lock the Community Bikes at the Community Bike racks;
- Return the Cycle.land Community Bike in the same condition as you found it (except for fair wear and tear); and
- Book a Cycle.land Community Bike prior to using it and only use a Cycle.land Community Bike during the period that you have booked it.
2.3 When using a Cycle.land Community Bike, you must not:
- Give, lend or sell the Cycle.land Community Bikes to any other person or allow any other person to use a Cycle.land Community Bike;
- Damage, deface or vandalise a Cycle.land Community Bike or any of the accessories attached to a Cycle.land Community Bike (including but not limited to baskets and locks);
- Load a Cycle.land Community Bike with a total weight of more than 115 kilograms;
- Use a Cycle.land Community Bike by more than one person at a time;
- Load a basket on a Cycle.land Community Bike with more than 10 kilograms or any object which overhangs the basket;
- Load a basket on a Cycle.land Community Bike with any animals, children or persons;
- Carry, while using a Cycle.land Community Bike (i) dangerous, hazardous or flammable substances, or (ii) any object that is:
- likely to cause injury to you or injury or offence to any other person;
- likely to cause damage to the Cycle.land Community Bike, any other person or property; or
- prohibited at law.
- Use a Cycle.land Community Bike for racing or stunt or trick-riding;
- Use a Cycle.land Community Bike while intoxicated from consumption of alcohol or other substances;
- Dismantle or tamper with a Cycle.land Community Bike (or in any way attempt to do so);
- Add or attach accessories or trailers to a Cycle.land Community Bike; or
- Use a Cycle.land Community Bike in an antisocial manner, i.e. a manner that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to others.
2.4 If you experience any problem with a Cycle.land Community Bike when you attempt to use it or use it, you must immediately contact the respective email describing the problem:
Castle Mill: email@example.com
Lady Margaret Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summertown House: email@example.com
3 You must return a Cycle.land Community Bike to the Community Bike racks at Castle Mill before the end of your booking period.
NON-RETURN AND DAMAGE CHARGE
4 You agree to pay:
- a Non-Return Charge of £300, if you fail to return a Cycle.land Community Bike for whatever reason (including but not limited to loss or theft of the Cycle.land Community Bike); and
- a Damage Charge of up to £300, depending on the extent of the damage, if you return Cycle.land Community Bike that is for whatever reason damaged during the period starting at the time you take the Cycle.land Community Bike from the Community Bike racks at Castle Mill until the time that you return the Cycle.land Community Bike to the Community Bike racks at Castle Mill. You are responsible to report any damage of a Cycle.land Community Bike prior to using it.
5 If you book a Cycle.land Community Bike and decide, not to use it for whatever reason, you must cancel the booking.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
6.1 As part of our standard enquiry and complaints handling process, we will:
- Record details of all enquiries and complaints that we receive; and
- Consider and respond to each enquiry and complaint.
6.2 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.
6.3 If any disputes arise between you and us and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so at a court in England.
7.1 Only you and we have rights under these terms and conditions. No other person shall have any rights under these terms and conditions.
7.2 You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person.