Community Bikes for LMH summer guests
HOW IT WORKS
LMH summer guests can use the the Community Bikes for a fee of £10 per week. The fee is used to contribute to the upkeep of the Community Bikes. This is how it works:
- You will need to agree to the User Terms & Conditions and sign up to the online booking system. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the link to make an online payment and sign up to the booking system.
- Once you sign up you will have access to any of our 5 city cruiser bikes. These are great bikes, by the way, known for their convenient self-powered lights. In other words, the lights are powered by the front-wheel dynamo hub every time you ride. This makes them safe to ride under any condition, rain or shine, through fog or clear skies, day or night. It also means you will never have to think about getting attachment lights or worry about them getting stolen.
- The Blue Bike, Red Bike and Green Bike are larger - ideal if you are between 173 cm and 189 cm (between 5.6ft and 6.2ft). The Yellow Bike and the Purple Bike are smaller - ideal if you are between 154cm to 173cm (between 5ft and 5.6ft). You can easily adjust the seat height without any tools by using the quick-release saddle clamp.
- You can only use bikes which you have booked in advance, there are 5 bikes which are colour coded (Blue Bike, Yellow Bike, Red Bike, Green Bike and Purple Bike), which means they have coloured stickers attached. Just in case, the bikes also have numbers on the rear mudguards: no. 71 - Blue Bike, no. 32 - Yellow Bike, no. 70 - Red Bike, no. 34 - Green Bike and no. 35 Purple Bike. Just book your bike for as long as you need it and you are all set. You can book the bikes on your smart phones. So if you have not booked a bike in advance you can still do so just when you need it. You can even book it as you walk up to the bikes. However, there is a risk that the bikes will have been booked by someone else.
- Please never take any of the Community Bikes unless you have a booking for it!
- You will receive a confirmation email with the number code for the lock of your bike.
- At the time of your booking, go to the Community Bike stands and find the bike you booked. E.g. the Blue Bike (no. 71) has some blue stickers on the frame and a sticker with the number 71 on the rear mudguard.
- At the end of your booking period, please return the bike to the Community Bike racks.
- Please make sure that you plan for enough time for your trip when booking and return the bike before the end of your booking period.
- Cycling is not as dangerous as driving, but you do have to be careful, especially around cars! Please carefully read the safety information.