Zoology Community Bikes
HOW IT WORKS
All Zoology staff and students can use 3 pool bikes parked at the safe bike storage to the left of the New Radcliffe House entrance, free of charge.
If you have any questions about the Zoology Community Bikes or whenever you become aware of any issue (e.g. flat tyres, bike not there when you want to use it, lock not working) please send an email to: email@example.com. Our dedicated Customer Experience hero is ready to help you every workday from 9am - 5pm. Please also get in touch with us with any suggestions how to further improve the system!
This is how it works:
- You will need to agree to the User Terms & Conditions and sign up to the online booking system for the 3 bikes. Please follow this link to sign up to the booking system: https://zoology.skedda.com/register?key=c1153f0.
- Once you sign up you will have access to any of our 3 city cruiser bikes. These are great bikes, by the way, known for their convenient self-powered lights. In other words, the lights are powered by the front-wheel dynamo hub every time you ride. This makes them safe to ride under any condition, rain or shine, through fog or clear skies, day or night. It also means you will never have to think about getting attachment lights or worry about them getting stolen.
- The Pink Bike is larger - ideal if you are between 173 cm and 189 cm (between 5.6ft and 6.2ft). The Yellow Bike and the Cyan Bike are smaller - ideal if you are between 154cm to 173cm (between 5ft and 5.6ft). You can easily adjust the seat height without any tools by using the quick-release saddle clamp.
- You can only use bikes which you have booked in advance, there are 3 bikes which are colour coded (Yellow Bike, Cyan Bike and Pink Bike), which means they have coloured stickers attached. Just in case, the bikes also have numbers on the rear mudguards: no. 93 - Yellow Bike, no. 94 - Cyan Bike and no. 95 Pink Bike. Just book your bike for as long as you need it and you are all set. You can book the bikes on your smart phones. So if you have not booked a bike in advance you can still do so just when you need it. You can even book it as you walk up to the bikes. However, there is a risk that the bikes will have been booked by someone else.
- Please never take any of the Zoology Community Bikes unless you have a booking for it!
- You will receive a confirmation email with the number code for the lock of your bike.
- At the time of your booking, go to the Zoology Community Bike stands and find the bike you booked. E.g. the Yellow Bike (no. 93) has some yellow stickers on the frame and a sticker with the number 93 on the rear mudguard.
- At the end of your booking period, please return the bike to the Zoology Community stands.
- Please make sure that you plan for enough time for your trip when booking and return the bike before the end of your booking period.
- Cycling is not as dangerous as driving, but you do have to be careful, especially around cars! Please carefully read the safety information.