Pembroke CYCLE.LAND POOL BIKEs
HOW IT WORKS
Staff and students of Pembroke college have access to exclusive pool bikes parked at the Pembroke Cycle.land Pool Bike stand (see map below), for as little as £0.50 per 30 minutes. This is how it works:
- You will need to sign up to the online booking system in order to take out the bike. Please just use the following link: https://Pembroke.skedda.com/register?key=7a8d858
- Once you sign up you will have access to Cycle.land's great B'twin bikes, known for their convenient self-powered lights. In other words, the lights are powered by the front-wheel dynamo hub every time you ride. This makes them safe to ride under any condition, rain or shine, through fog or clear skies, day or night. It also means you will never have to think about getting attachment lights or worry about them getting stolen.
- The bikes come with a quick-release saddle clamp which will allow you to adjust the bike to your height. The bikes will suit any rider above 160 cm (5.2ft) in height.
- You can only use the bike when you have booked it in advance. You may do this using your smart phone up to the moment when you go out to take it. So if you have not booked a bike in advance you can still do so just when you need it. You can even book it as you walk up to the bikes. However, there is a risk that the bikes will have been booked by someone else.
- Please never take the Pembroke Cycle.land Pool Bike unless you have a booking for it!
- You will receive a confirmation email with the number code for the lock of your bike.
- At the time of your booking, go to the Pembroke Cycle.land Pool Bike stand.
- At the end of your booking period, please return the bike to the Pembroke Cycle.land Pool Bike stand and lock it up at the side of the stand with the matching Cycle.land sticker.
- Please make sure that you plan for enough time for your trip when booking and return the bike before the end of your booking period.
- We will tally up the fees over the course of the term and send you an email when you can pay via Paypal, Swipe, bank transfer, debit/credit card at the end of the term. It's a bit like the battels, but easier!
- We start the project with just one bike but will add more bikes if there is sufficient demand.
- If you need a bike for longer you can always get a bike from our peer-to-peer bike sharing marketplace at www.cycle.land. Some bikes are as cheap as £0.50 per day!
- Cycling is not as dangerous as driving, but you do have to be careful, especially around cars! Please carefully read the safety information.
- If you have any questions, please just get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enjoy the bikes!