CYCLE.LAND POOL BIKES at Summertown House
HOW IT WORKS
All Summertown House residents can use 5 pool bikes parked at the bike shed north of the West Block (please see map below - "X" marks the spot!), free of charge. This is how it works:
- You will need to sign up to the online booking system for the 10 bikes. Please use this link: https://summertownhouse.skedda.com/register?key=018db22
- Once you sign up you will have access to any of our 10 city cruiser bikes. These are great bikes, by the way, known for their convenient self-powered lights. In other words, the lights are powered by the front-wheel dynamo hub every time you ride. This makes them safe to ride under any condition, rain or shine, through fog or clear skies, day or night. It also means you will never have to think about getting attachment lights or worry about them getting stolen.
- The Red Bike (no. 41), Dark Blue Bike (no. 42), Beige Bike (no. 46), Grey Bike (no. 49) are larger - ideal if you are between 173 cm and 189 cm (between 5.6ft and 6.2ft). The Sunny Yellow Bike (no. 43), Hot Pink Bike (no. 44), Green Bike (no. 45), Dark Chocolate Bike (no. 47), Black Bike (no. 48) and Purple Bike (no. 51) are smaller - ideal if you are between 154cm to 173cm (between 5ft and 5.6ft). You can easily adjust the seat height without any tools by using the quick-release saddle clamp.
- You can only use bikes which you have booked in advance, there are 10 bikes which are colour coded and have a number sticker on the rear mudguards - Red Bike (no. 41), Dark Blue Bike (no. 42), Sunny Yellow Bike (no. 43), Hot Pink Bike (no. 44), Green Bike (no. 45), Beige Bike (no. 46), Dark Chocolate Bike (no. 47), Black Bike (no. 48), Grey Bike (no. 49) and Purple Bike (no. 51). Just book your bike for as long as you need it and you are all set. You can book the bikes on your smart phones. So if you have not booked a bike in advance you can still do so just when you need it. You can even book it as you walk up to the bikes. However, there is a risk that the bikes will have been booked by someone else.
- Please never take any of the Cycle.land Bikes at Summertown House unless you have a booking for it!
- You will receive a confirmation email with the number code for the lock of your bike.
- At the time of your booking, go to the Cycle.land bikes in the bike shed north of the West Block at Summertown House (please see map below - "X" marks the spot!) and find the bike you booked. E.g. the Red Bike will have a red sticker.
- At the end of your booking period, please return the bike to the Cycle.land bike stands in the bike shed north of the West Block at Summertown House.
- Please make sure that you plan for enough time for your trip when booking and return the bike before the end of your booking period.
- Cycling is not as dangerous as driving, but you do have to be careful, especially around cars! Please carefully read the safety information.